The Space Management Office collects and maintains UW-Madison facility information and is the official source of all campus facility names, numbers, and addresses.
This information is used for space assignments and room utilization reporting. Floor plans and space data are used to support academic and administrative operations, utilities, emergency preparation, and research administration.
Contact us with questions or to request service.
- Facility Info Links
- Data Services
- Floor Plan Reports and Services
- Definitions and Reference Material
- Maintaining baseline information for all UW-Madison facilities
- Conducting space surveys and walk throughs
- Producing standard and custom reports
UW-Madison’s INSITE Net-FM database provides self-service access to plans for all floors in any owned facility.
Custom floor plan reports or AutoCAD files are available on request.
Additional floor plan services include:
- Floor plans coded by department, program, room use, and subuse (sample) [**Link**]
- Floor plans with grid lines for move planning (sample) [**Link**]
- Standard furniture objects for move planning (sample) [**Link**]
- Building way-finding posters (sample) [**Link**]
- Custom graphic/floor plan space reports for your specific business needs
Please note UW-Madison’s Facility Information Distribution Guidelines when requesting and working with floor plans.
Definitions – Function, Use, Subuse, and Seating [**Link**]
These data elements are defined by Space Management using FICM as the baseline.
Postsecondary Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM)
FICM 2006 is a standard classification system established by the U.S. Department of Education.
It is the basis for all UW-Madison facility information.