Space Management oversees space allocation and utilization at the campus, school, and college level.
We coordinate departmental moves with campus customers and contract vendors.
Contact us with questions or to request service.
Please use the Space Request form to request space.
Note that all space requests must be signed by the department leader and the dean/director.
Space allocation guidelines
UW-Madison’s Space and Remodeling Policies Committee (SRPC) oversees campus space standards.
Space Management works with schools, colleges, and divisions to determine appropriate allocations to meet their needs.
SRPC Space Policies & Procedures provide a baseline for general allocation standards.
Office Allocation Guide DRAFT – UW-Madison is used for office allocation planning.
- Processing on-campus space requests
- Monitoring and analyzing utilization
- Scenario planning and preliminary programming
- Capital project and remodeling scope development
- Move planning with departments and units
- Vendor selection and scheduling
- Oversight and coordination on move day